v1.5.1 (7 Aug 2014)
Fixed a bug where PopClip would fail to start, for some users.
v1.5 (6 Aug 2014)
- Fresh new look. PopClip has a cleaner, flatter appearance. The iOS6-style gloss has been retired, and I hope you will agree it now looks more worthy of your Mac in 2014.
- Ready for OS X Yosemite. PopClip is ready for the next version of OS X. Thanks to the beta testers who have been sending feedback.
- PopClip works faster and more reliably, especially when selecting large amounts of text. Now it should easily cope with 10,000 characters or more, where it often used to fail.
- Fixed (finally!) the bug where pressing ⌘C at the same time as selecting text with PopClip could cause the wrong thing to get copied.
- Fixed not appearing when selecting italic text in Word.
- Fixed dictionary action not appearing when selecting the first word of a bulleted paragraph in Word.
- Fixed PopClip prefs menu not closing when clicking outside the window.
- The Paste and Match Style and formatting extensions will now work in browsers (for Google Docs, Gmail etc.)
v1.4.10 (24 Mar 2013)
- Smaller file size and reduced memory usage.
- Fixed bug where tooltips would sometimes stay on screen after PopClip had disappeared.
- Fixed bug where the preferences window would sometimes become blank, with no content.
- Fixed bug where PopClip caused the Warp Stabilizer plugin in Adobe After Affects to fail.
- Fixed bug where PopClip caused drop-down menus in Firefox to behave weirdly.
- Improved the accuracy of the Word Count extension, particularly for Chinese and Japanese texts.
- Requires a Mac with a 64-bit processor. (If you have a Mac with a 32-bit processor, download PopClip v1.4.9.)
- Plus other minor fixes and performance improvements.
- Additionally, PopClip will no longer appear when you select text in Adobe apps (including Dreamweaver, Illustrator and InDesign) and JetBrains IDE apps (such as AppCode and PHPStorm). This is because PopClip did not work well in those apps, and there wasn't a way to fix it. If you are affected by this change, and want to make it work like it did before, see http://plt.mn/2va3.
v1.4.9 (24 Oct 2013)
- Fix crash when using Word
- Fix glitch when re-ordering extensions on OS X 10.9
v1.4.8 (14 Oct 2013)
- Fix crash when using certain extensions
v1.4.7 (14 Oct 2013)
- Fixed a bug which could cause the CPU to go to 100%
- Fixed the annoying beep when double-clicking an empty cell in Excel
- Fixed incompatibilities with the RoboForm Safari plug-in, and the apps BitTorrent Sync, Bartender and Skype
- Other fixes, tweaks and performance improvements
v1.4.6 (24 Jun 2013)
- Fix bug where PopClip didn't work properly in Gmail inside Google Chrome.
- Fix bug opening URLs that contain percent characters.
- Further fixes for the situation where PopClip can interfere with pressiing ⌘C manually.
- Fixes for some situations which could cause PopClip to hang.
- Eliminate spurious error messages that were appearing in Console.
- Background energy usage improvements.
- Fixes in anticipation of future OS X updates.
v1.4.5 (8 Apr 2013)
- Fixed bug where PopClip would sometimes stay on screen forever on Snow Leopard.
- Fixed bug where PopClip would sometimes interfere with copying manually with ⌘C.
- Fix to prevent OpenOffice, LibreOffice, NeoOffice and KeePassX crashing when used with PopClip. PLEASE NOTE: After updating, PopClip will not longer appear when selecting text in these apps. For more information see http://plt.mn/LEXd
- Fix to improve compatibility with some clipboard manager apps.
- Fixed a rare crashing/hanging bug.
- Fixed bug where Search would not work with a single character selection.
v1.4.4 (4 Jan 2013)
- PopClip is no longer limited to a maximum of 10 extensions (limit is now 22).
- Extensions can now be re-ordered.
- Other bug fixes.
v1.4.3 (6 Aug 2012)
- Fixed a problem where PopClip did not work for some users after upgrading to OS X Mountain Lion.
v1.4.2 (17 Jul 2012)
- Fixed bug where "Start at login" would sometimes not work.
- Fixed problem where the dictionary lookup would not work if the Dictionary app was minimised.
- Fixed compatibility issues with several third party apps.
v1.4.1 (21 Jun 2012)
- Updated graphics for the MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
- Fixed the button that removes apps from the blocked apps list.
- Fixed a compatability issue with Sparrow.
- Improved the Italian localization (thanks, Vincenzo).
- Fixes for compatability with future operating system versions.
v1.4 (29 May 2012)
PopClip now supports many new actions, via extensions. Including:
- Say the text
- Make a sticky note
- Translate using Google Translat
- Send to Evernote
- …and more.
v1.3.1 (1 May 2012)
- PopClip is now fully translated into French, German, Japanese, Russian and Spanish.
- Various small fixes and improvements.
v1.3 (23 Mar 2012)
- Spelling corrections are now shown immediately in the first pop-up, when suggestions are available.
So now one less click is required to correct a misspelled word.
- Added an option to choose the language for spelling suggestions, out of the languages installed on the operating system. Choose "None" to turn off spelling suggestions.
- Works with the 'Dvorak - Qwerty ⌘' keyboard layout.
- Third party app compatibility improvements (including Osfoora).
v1.2.5 (13 Feb 2012)
- Now you can show Paste in any text area by clicking twice in the same place.
- Improved detection of URLs in the text on Snow Leopard.
- Third party app compatibility improvements (including TeXworks app).
v1.2.4 (19 Jan 2012)
- The 'Use Address' action now works with multiple email addresses, and has a new symbol.
- The 'Open Link' action moved to the left hand side, to be grouped with Search.
- Fixed bug where PopClip would not work with the Dvorak keyboard layout.
v1.2.3 (5 Jan 2012)
- Fixed bug that caused crash or incorrect behaviour with some keyboard input sources (including Japanese, Korean, Russian, and Spell Catcher).
- Fixed bug where Mozilla Firefox would launch when PopClip starts.
v1.2.2 (22 Dec 2011)
- New 'Reveal in Finder' action is available when the selected text is a local file path.
- Works better with multiple browsers: links and search now open in the current browser.
- Search now uses the browser default search engine (Safari only).
- Works with several previously incompatible apps (including Eclipse, FaceTab Pro, Translate Tab, TextWrangler, WriteRoom 3, the 1Password Firefox extension and more).
v1.2.1 (19 Nov 2011)
- Fixed bug where double and triple clicking to select text would sometimes not work
- Fixed bug where Search and Look Up would sometimes not work
- Fixed bug where Finder would crash when doing 'Show Package Contents'
- Now works with Sublime Text 2, Postbox 3 and Reunion 9
v1.2 (9 Nov 2011)
- Added search, link opening, dictionary lookup and spelling correction features.
v1.1 (3 October 2011)
- Added on/off button.
- Added the excluded apps list.
- Added 'show in menu bar' option.
- Added ability to Paste multiple consecutive times.
- Respects the Graphite theme.
v1.0.2 (19 August 2011)
- Fixed a bug which caused some apps to freeze.
v1.0.1 (27 July 2011)
- Improved OS X Lion compatibility.
- User interface fine-tuning.
v1.0 (18 July 2011)