Dropshelf for macOS
Dropshelf is a drag and drop helper app that I sold on the Mac App Store for 9 years, from 2012 to 2021. It was last updated in 2016.
I have been working on an update, but it is not ready yet. I'm not going to get to finish it any time soon. Therefore, I have now removed it from sale and it is not currently not available to buy. (Existing customers can still find it in the purchased apps section of their Mac App Store account.)
However, you can download a free work-in-progress beta of the update below. It works pretty well but it has a few rough edges. I hope to finish the update when time allows.
You can contact me about Dropshelf at email@example.com.
BETA Dropshelf Build 1729 (1 Jul 2021)
Requires macOS 10.15.7 or above.
Download (Zip file, 2.96 Mb)
Changes since Dropshelf 1.3.3 (1517):
Build 1725 (11 Jun 2021):
- Universal binary for both Apple Silicon and Intel processors.
- Movable shelves: The shelves can now be moved anywhere on the screen, by dragging the shelf background.
- Better multiple monitor support: Shelves can now be created at any screen edge, including on the edges in between monitors.
- Refined visual design: Updated look and feel. New default appearance adapts to light and dark modes. New shape app icon and menu bar icon.
- Bug fixes: Dragging files in from Photos and other apps is now more reliable.
- Free trial is now 14 days instead of by number of uses. And the ‘trial expired’ mechanism actually works now :)
- User interface is only presented in the English language. I hope to restore other languages in a future update.
- Minimum system requrement is now macOS 10.15.7.
Build 1729 (1 Jul 2021):
- Remove trial mode from beta build.