Dropshelf for macOS
Dropshelf is a drag and drop helper app that I sold on the Mac App Store for 9 years, from 2012 to 2021.
I have a new update to release, but I haven't the time right now to go through the rigmarole of releasing it. Therefore, I have removed it from sale on the store. (Existing customers can still find it in the purchased apps section of their Mac App Store account.)
However, you can download a completely free beta (fully functional with no time or trial limitations) of my new update below. It's nigh-on complete, it's M1-optimized, and works pretty well. I hope to release the update back to the MAS when time allows.
You can contact me about Dropshelf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
—Nick Moore, July 2021
BETA Dropshelf Build 1729 (1 Jul 2021)
Requires macOS 10.15.7 or above.
Download (Zip file, 2.96 Mb)
Changes since Dropshelf 1.3.3 (1517):
Build 1725 (11 Jun 2021):
- Universal binary for both Apple Silicon and Intel processors.
- Movable shelves: The shelves can now be moved anywhere on the screen, by dragging the shelf background.
- Better multiple monitor support: Shelves can now be created at any screen edge, including on the edges in between monitors.
- Refined visual design: Updated look and feel. New default appearance adapts to light and dark modes. New shape app icon and menu bar icon.
- Bug fixes: Dragging files in from Photos and other apps is now more reliable.
- Free trial is now 14 days instead of by number of uses. And the ‘trial expired’ mechanism actually works now :)
- User interface is only presented in the English language. I hope to restore other languages in a future update.
- Minimum system requrement is now macOS 10.15.7.
Build 1729 (1 Jul 2021):
- Remove trial mode from beta build.